Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Monochromatic Card: LBH Fan Blog Fishbowl Challenge

Hi Friends--

Nat and Cat posted the first (of many to come) FishBowl Challenges over on the Blue Crew Fan Blog today. The challenge is to simply create a Monochromatic Project...any type of project. 

I chose to design this pretty sunburst card using Yellow as my Monochromatic color scheme.  

It features the beautiful Sunburst die from Taylored Expressions...available at the Little Blue House.

Here are the steps to follow if you would like to create this card...Great card for multiples! Any occasion...any color scheme...they will look fabulous!

To begin, I cut my base card and scored.
Yellow Cardstock 4.75 x 5.5
Die cut my Sunburst frame from White Cardstock

Die cut a variety of paper scraps (for the mono challenge I chose all yellow printed papers). I cut my scrap paper large enough to cover the entire Sunburst die so I can easily make multiples of this card. 





I used my Zig glue pen to attach the white frame and laid out the pieces from the different prints in the order I desired. 



Again, using my glue pen, I attached the pieces into their matching spots...kind of like building a puzzle... simple and FuN!





I wanted to embellish the center of my card...so I used a flair button from Lawn Fawn. A cute button with twine would be a nice choice too. If you are a stamper, the center would be a great spot for a stamped sentiment on a punched circle or scalloped circle. 



I love the look of my finished card...now I need to get my other ones made and I'll have several ready to send out for whichever occasion comes up next! I hope you will take the FishBowl Challenge...Visit the Blue Crew Fan Blog to see Nat and Cat's Mono Creations.


Thanks for reading...if you have any questions,
please post a comment. Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)

1 comment:

Valerie Bishop said...

Lovely card! I love the yellow papers you chose!