Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sweet "Slider" Valentine Card Tutorial

Hello everyone!
I wanted to share a card that I created for a Shaped Card Challenge! I chose to create this adorable Valentine's Card.


I wanted to be unique so I designed my valentine to slide open rather than fold open like an ordinary card. Isn't it cute!...a Sweet "Slider" Card!


I just love Owls, don't you?? This card is perfect to add a sweet lovey message or a photo would be darling too! I also incorporated a stamping technique with my Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. To learn more about how to create this card for yourself, please check out my "Step-by-Step" instructions below.


"HOO" LOVES YOU? Shaped Slide Card:


1.To create the scalloped circles, you can simply cut them using your Cricut or Silhouette and ordinary cardstock. You will need the following sizes:
Brown Cardstock: 4 3/4 in. (cut 2)
White Cardstock: 3 3/4 in. (cut 2);2 3/4 in. (cut 1);
2 in. (cut 1)
2. Next take the two largest white scalloped circles and get your Cuttlebug or Big Shot ready. I used the Swiss Dots EF on this card. Take a red ink pad and rub over the inside top cover of your EF. Be sure to get good coverage. Then quickly lay the white scalloped circle in the EF, close and run through your Cuttlebug or Big Shot. Remove and you will see how beautifully the cardstock is now embossed and inked. So fun!! Reapply ink and repeat this process on your second scalloped circle. Clean your folder with a baby wipe. (note: if you used Stazon - you will need to clean your EF with Stazon cleaner).
3. Repeat the process for step #2 but this time use a light pink ink pad and emboss the smallest white scalloped circle.
4. Ink the edges of your remaining scalloped circle with Mocha Mama Chalk Ink (brown).
5. Cover your chipboard Owl (Maya Road) with a printed paper and ink the edges heavily with your brown ink. Cut a small piece of brown cardstock for his tummy and emboss in the Swiss Dots EF. Adhere it to the Owl's tummy. Next, I cut a small piece of red felt for his nose. Attach two mismatched buttons for his eyes and attach the nose right under his eyes. Such cuteness!!
6. Take your chipboard branch (Maya Road) and ink heavily with Mocha Mama chalk ink and lightly apply some clear stickles to add some sparkle. Set aside to dry.
7. Stamp "HOO" LOVES YOU? and I DO! on to white cardstock. Cut into strips and ink the edges with Mocha Mama.
8. Now you are ready to assemble your card. Use the pictures as a guide for placement. I attached my Owl with pop dots. Further embellish your card pieces with a few flowers. I put white brads in the centers of my flowers.
9. To attach the two card pieces, simply align and attach a large eyelet to the top center. Your card will then easily slide open and shut.

I hope you were inspired and will make some "slider" cards of your own! Please feel free to post your comments or questions. 

Keep Creating,
Tracy :)

No comments: