Wednesday, February 6, 2013

my Walk continues...



I want to thank all of you for your continued prayers and for all the love and hugs I have rec'd from so many of you since all my health issues have come to light.  My surgery went well and I am recovering nicely. Happy to be back at work and doing what I love! 

I went back to see my Doc on Monday at UTSW for my post op visit and to learn more about my Pathology results. Of course, I went in hoping to hear that all was good and this walk was over. But instead, I was told something else. My results show that I have a unique blend of "C" cells...(I still don't like to say the word...don't even like to type it...) I have been labeled a high risk patient and was told there is a high probability that these cells will return and could attempt to settle in other parts of my body. Doc says from here on out...we have to be pro-active and that's just what I intend to do! 

  I will begin preventive drug therapy that will help to block these cells from clustering and deter the mutation process. Doc says I am an ideal candidate for this and they have seen great results. There will be a few side effects...at first. So I ask that you will pray for them to be mild and to dissipate quickly after my body becomes more used to the meds. Doc says I should see no limitations to daily activities and routines. All this info was a lot to take in (I'm giving you the short version)...but its all soaking in now and I'm becoming more determined by the minute that I can handle whatever comes my way with God's strength and compassion. 


I have a great team of Doctors and I know if we stay ahead of this thing...All will be well for a very long, long, time! I also trust that God knows all and He has a great purpose for me. Once again, I choose to Trust Him and Embrace this walk. I'm so thankful for your continued prayers and the loving encouragement you all show me every day! I promise that I am good and all is well! 

I'm mentally, spiritually, and physically ready to do my part and keep my body healthy...for many years to come!

Much love to you all...
Miss Tracy :)

15 comments:

kristy said...

Oh my goodness... I hate this news! But you are strong; faithful; and so positive it doesn't stand a chance! You are in my prayers and know you do not walk alone!!

DeeDee said...

you are the strongest women I know..you will be well ... and you have the support..and the prayer..and I know God is on your side.. please take care of you Miss Tracy... my prayers are with you... and little hugs as needed too..

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry the news wasn't what you were expecting. Prayers continue for you and your family. You are such an amazing person and your faith is inspirational. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Touching others is what you have done through your sweet smile, caring voice, and creativity. Now your words are reaching out to others in a way that will give srength and hope. Keeping you in our hearts and prayers. Lesa Hayen

Cat! said...

Your faith and strong will can make more difference than the meds sometimes. My MIL fought with such a positive attitude and strong will that her results were amazing. My medical background told me she would not be around for the 12 years she was, living her life as always, never giving up even tho' she had cancer in her bones the entire time. Medicine has improved so much in the past 20 years also. Hang in there, punch it hard and keep going strong. You have too much to live for and offer this world to go anywhere. You have a very strong support group too!

Anonymous said...

I am also keeping you in my prayers! I love you and appreciate you! Cheryl McCarson

jlilley said...

Praying the medicine will do what is supposed to without harsh side effects. Keep your positive attitude and faith! You are such an inspiring lady, and I will be praying for you all along the way!

Sue said...

Prayers extended!

JMeaux said...

As always, lots of hugs & prayers for you & your family. With God and oodles & oodles of family & friends too walking beside you I can promise you will never be alone on this journey. Love you!
Judy Meaux

Susan Bullock said...

Tracy you are one of the most inspiring ladies I know. You have no idea how much your faith and strength through difficult times touch so many others. I am so sorry about your news but am so hopeful with such a great spirit and attitude you have. I pray for you always and will continue to do so. your journey inspires us to know that we never walk alone. God is with us at all times and may you have comfort and peace with Him by your side. You have a footprint in my heart ~

Danna Ganske said...

Continued prayers for you tracy

dgrammes said...

God will protect you and never give you more than you can handle. You will bend but never break. Keeping you and your family in my prayers!

Paula Cook said...

Much love and many prayers for you.

cowboycentral said...

Tracy, you are in our prayers.

Bonny said...

Oh my! Not the news I was expecting or hoping and praying for, but I know that you are ahead of the game with strong faith and positive attitude .Those "C" cells don't stand a chance. Much love to you.

Cara Britton said...

He is your strength and your healer and your God. He will prevail! You will be healed!