Saturday, January 26, 2013

More inspiration...trends I see!

Hello everyone...
My recovery is going nicely...everyday get's a little better. Thanks again to all who have been checking on me, bringing food, and offering sweet words and prayers! You gals sure know how to make a gal feel good! I even found a great use for my sling...perfect for my Sonic Drink, stashing kleenex, pens & post its...You never know what may be lurking in there...haha!!!

As I have been recovering, I have been generating lots of orders for new products and collections that will be arriving this Spring and Summer. There are definitely some fun trends emerging in the industry...some through color, some through design, and some through techniques... I'm always watching the trends but have a tendency to want to be the "Trend-Setter" rather than the "Trend-Follower"...but we are all influenced by trends especially in the Creative Industry. I thought you might be interested in them too...so here's a quick look at what I'm seeing...

Color Trends:
Seems the entire industry is taking a walk on the "bright side"...
I have to say, I love it! 
Beautiful bright color palettes...just make you feel happy!





Lots of Corals...shades of Orange...shades of hot Pinks!
Lots of Teal, Aqua, Yellows and Gray (the new black) is continuing to pop up in a ton of Paper Collections this year. 
Color Trends are emerging through mediums such as Paints, Mists, and all kinds of Lotions & Potions too! 
Fashion is taking a huge shift in this color way too...
Prepare for a colorful spring...it's coming soon!

 Another trend on the floor...multiple vignettes geared towards Party Ideas! Many vendors are seeing that more and more people want to create unique Party Decor, Party favors, Invites, and so on...You will be seeing more of this in 2013...
Lots of emphasis on Celebrations!!! 

I see a Front Porch Kit...emerging from this trend...
COMING soon!!!

One Design trend I have seen occurring, time and time again, is the use of "negative images"...meaning creating with the "negative" of a die cut or title versus the "positive". Here is a great example from Fancy Pants Designs...look at the title...

You couldn't walk too far along the Showroom Floor without seeing a Mustache here, there, and everywhere!!! They are hugely popular and I have to say...I was happy to see more Masculine types of lines being presented! 

Chevrons and Hexagons are still the bomb!!! ...and Camera's and Camera images are all over the place...Instagram has inspired so many cool new "Polaroid" inspired goodies...Many vendors have added fun embellies with Instagram in mind! 




Another emerging icon...Mason Jars! Love the charm of this little cuties!!!



Another biggie at the show...was anything related to Kitchen, Garden, Veggies, and Food in general...Lots of vendors are "Cookin' Up" some great new designs and collections...


Another TREND...Feathers, Feathers, Feathers!
Colorful ones, natural ones, vintage ones...from actual feathers, to feather stamps, to feather rub on's, to feather chipboard, etc. etc. etc. I love this NEW addition and love how designers are embellishing all kinds of projects with them from super cute LO's to amazing Home Decor pieces!!!




AND our Wonderful Obsession with Washi Tape continues...In rolled tape form and in sheet form...Washi tape is being used everywhere and on everything!!!! Check these out...I heart them!



And of course it's not just for bicycles...LoL! Washi is widely popular in all forms of Paper Crafting too....


Stencils are still HOT...and everyone is using them in all types of projects...Several vendors now offer specific stencils with their lines. Stencils are great for using in combinations with your favorite lotions & potions...and I love to use mine for adding doodling accents too....Doodling too, is still ever popular! Rub on's making a come back too this season...


I see a strong emphasis on Jewelry too at the show! In particular, lots of beautiful bezels and I love what we saw in the Ice Resin booth...Can you say "Gorgeous!"

 Not just jewelry to wear... Beautiful for decor pieces...

Mixed Media has never been better!!! Love the fact that everything is "lightening" and "brightening" up! The grungy, more dark style of mixed media is evolving and I love the direction it's headed! 
Art Journaling is a great outlet for our self-expression...and you will love the freedom it gives you to explore new techniques! 


Collage projects are incorporating all kinds of products...paper, tissue, felts, ephemera, fabric, metals, wood, pretty much anything you can 'glue' down. We're expanding our Mixed Media off the page too...creating on canvases, book covers, home decor, and repurposed items (my personal fav!)...Getting our hands dirty artsy and loving every minute of it!


Believe it or not....I have barely scratched the surface with this post...SO MUCH to look forward to in the upcoming months within our beloved Art-filled Industry!!! I can't wait to share more inspiration, projects, products, and tutorials in the very near future!!! Thanks for reading along...Please post your comments here and I will be giving away some fun Art Anthology products to a few of my readers! Be sure to follow my blog...
More Crafty FuN info to share soon!

Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)

15 comments:

Jodi. said...

Miss Tracy, I am loving everything you have posted so far from CHA. I can't wait to see what is in store at the Little Blue House!

DeeDee said...

Mouthwatering post.. I am so still wanting the Ice Resins.. I think I will be hooked right there.. :D

feel Better Miss Tracy

ScrapoholicKK said...

I don't even know where to begin there is some much cool stuff. Love Tim's new colors and I am very interested in learning the new Instagram techniques. Bring it all on LBH!!!!

Susan Bullock said...

amazing ~ love all the goodies you are sharing. So many ideas floating around in my head. Loving the mason jars and all the jewelry bling. Thanks for sharing and SO glad you are feeling better each day!

Shamron said...

I'm loving all the new stuff. Can't wait to see more home decor ideas from you and the LBH.

Cathy said...

I just LOVE all the trends. Looking forward to All the new product and seeing the trends show up in Pickers, Stashers and Buffet classes :)

Melissa said...

Nice to see some masculine things. That is helpful for birthday cards, Father's Day, etc. ideas. I like the trends, and still getting used to the brights. I am excited to see the projects that you all will offer along these lines. I am just commenting...I have already been a lucky winner! I am enjoying the updates.

Janet Pineiro said...

I love the bright colors! They look so fun. I have two doz mason jars, so glad to hear that they are in. I can't wait to see what the LBH gals come up with.

Patti said...

I can see my crafting is about to come back full force..I'm sure you LBH ladies will be creating some absolute "must makes" in the ear future....good thing I have lots of vacation time!

Patty Bassham said...

So much to try...so little time!

Goldie said...

Sooooo many things to love! Eager to see what's new in the "kitchen." Looking for inspiration for a book of old family recipes.

Amy said...

Love seeing a front porch hint. Can't wait for that, it's been too long! I still don't get the mustache thing...

Lizann said...

Can't wait to see all the goodies in your shop - been watching multiple blogs posting videos of all the happenings at CHA and it's going to be a GREAT year for scrapping!

terri d said...

Love the look of all the new goodies.... can't wait to see some of those new kitchen and cooking ones!

Jamie Rowland said...

So much inspiration!!! I can't wait to use some of these products soon! Thanks for sharing!