Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A personal note....

Dear friends and family--
As most of you know, I have had some recent screenings which revealed some potential issues...which led to more in depth screenings...which led to a couple of biopsies that were done about a week or so ago. I received the results about a week ago...Several of you have messaged me wanting to know the results and I didn't want to share until I had a little more info. I hope you understand...

I didn't receive the Best news but I didn't receive the Worst news either and for that I am SO thankful! The biopsies revealed some atypical cell mutation with cursury cancer cells. This type typically goes undetected until it reaches later stages...Lucky for me, mine is the first stage (which is a slow growing stage). It is not interductal like most breast cancer. It is located deep in my breast and in part of my chest wall. I will be having surgery. The surgeon will remove a portion of my breast tissue and the tissue connected to my chest wall. That tissue will then get sent off to pathology and it will be determined if I need further treatment. Dr. feels confident that it is early so odds are extremely good that the cells will not have reached the outer tissue. If that's the case, then no further treatment  will be necessary other than watching this "hot spot" closely to be sure it doesn't return. 

Dr. also cleared me to continue my plans and travel to California for CHA...He couldn't understand why I was so excited just to go on a "business trip"...haha!!!  

My surgery will be a day surgery with about a one week recovery time. I will have to keep my left arm immobile while I heal...probably just a week or so. Nothing I can't handle...I'm right handed so it should be a breeze! I was informed today that the surgery has been scheduled for Tues. 1/22 at Zale Lipshy University Hospital at UT Southwestern in Dallas. I will have to go in to the Cancer Center on Mon. 1/21 for some pre-op stuff (they will be inserting some radioactive markers to mark the affected tissue)...My hubby is curious to see if I will glow in the dark afterwards...he tries to be funny (not)...LoL!

I know that God has a plan for me and this is all part of his plan. I intend to "embrace" it with a positive attitude! 


I have already met some amazing people on this journey...and I am so thankful to have found it early. Dr. told me that new stat's (rapidly rising)...show that roughly one out of every four to five women will be affected with some form of breast cancer...and the BEST protection is EARLY detection...SO PLEASE dear friends, don't be like I was and constantly putting off those mammograms! 

I love you all and I would appreciate your continued prayers!
...but know this...I am good and all is well! This won't slow me down a step...I have so much stuff planned for us all to enjoy in 2013! Now, I've got to go pack for my trip...
Love and Big Hugs to you all!

Blessings to you!
Miss Tracy :)

23 comments:

Melissa said...

BIG Hug! Prayers coming your way. Have a great time at CHA!

andra.villegas said...

Positive thoughts, prayers and hugs!!!

marylee :) said...

Praying prayers of thanks for EARLY detection and for a quick (and effective - ahem!) recovery! Have an awesome time at CHA! ((hugs))

DeeDee said...

You know my hugs and my prayers are with you Miss Tracy.. I will keep my thoughts positive with yours.. the centers here are awesome as I have seen my friends go thru them... have fun at CHA.. see ya at retreat... :D

Susie said...

Sending prayers your way!! Have a safe and nice trip!

Jean said...

Sending thoughts and prayers your way. I have had breast cancer not once but twice! Early detection is key!

kate blue said...

definitely sending some good love your way! We will be thinking about and praying for you and yes, thank god for early detection anytime!

Amanda Dykan said...

I'm so glad they caught it early and that everything is okay! You are an amazing woman. Have a sensational trip. :) Love and hugs your way.

Linn said...

Praying like crazy! You are an incredible woman! Can't wait to share in 2013 with you and the LBH gals! Have a fantastic trip! Hugs and prayers! Linn

Dede said...

Positive attitude is everything. Prayers for you.

Amber said...

Praying everything goes great and God blesses the doctors to remove the problem cells. Have a wonderful trip to CHA!

cowboycentral said...

Keeping you in our prayers.

shanna said...

Good thoughts and prayers going your way!! Have a great time at CHA!!!

ScrapoholicKK said...

Miss Tracy, you are such an amazing and beautiful woman. I thank God He put you in my life. I am truly honored to be called your friend. Thanks for your update, positive attitude, and inspiration. Love you lots. Have fun in CA and pick out some good stuff!

Susan Bullock said...

A recent follower so I don't know a lot about you, but I am so inspired by so many things you do. I am the one that asked you about the new Prima. I will keep you in my prayers for a quick healing and that God will wrap you in comfort and peace. Take care of you ~

Elaine said...

Praise God definitely! So many wonderful friends have been lost because detection was so late in the game. I am sending you hugs, hugs and more hugs with tons of prayers too though you are such a powerful and strong lady that I am comforted in the knowledge that you WILL do well... and continue to create JOY!!

Bobbi said...

Praying that all goes well on the 22nd and that you have a speedy recovery

Erica said...

Tracy, I'm sending the most positive thoughts to you as you go through this. I am certain you will receive the best news after this. Hoping you recover quickly!

Linda Hahn said...

Sending hugs and prayers your way, sweet friend. So glad for early detection. We'll all be praying hard for a quick and speedy recovery for you! I know 2 people who have gone to the hospital where you're having surgery and they have nothing but raves about it! It has a great reputation as one of the best!
Have a BLAST @ CHA!!! Please buy plenty of Graphic 45!!

terri d said...

Prayers are with you Tracy. Many are gathered in his name asking for great results and speedy recovery. I will be one of the many ♥ Terri

Bonny said...

Positive thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Allison Cope Israels said...

Best wishes for surgery on Tuesday Tracy! Thoughts and prayers are coming your way!

Karen E. said...

Good luck on Tuesday. Hugs and prayers are coming your way.