Wednesday, December 19, 2012

FREE Embossed Tag Tutorial


One of my all time favorite things to do is to craft with my Embossing Folders! I absolutely LOVE them and can't get enough of them. Today, I thought it would be fun to share an Embossed Tag that I designed and share a FREE tutorial with you!

Wonder Tag
Designed by: Tracy Pounds

Miss Tracy's How To:
1. Take a tag (this is a shipping tag that you can find at any office supply store. You can get a bundle of 100 for around $5...they are a great deal!) or simply cut a piece of cardstock to create a tag. Emboss each end of the tag with a different Embossing Folder. Be sure to leave a blank space in between the two designs. This is where you will stamp your sentiment.


2. I then rubbed over the embossed designs on the tag with Distress Ink pads (tim holtz). The top portion with Antique Linen and the bottom portion with Pealed Paint.


3. Next, I embossed a grungeboard swirl in the Swiss Dot Embossing Folder and then I carefully positioned my grungeboard butterfly wings right at the edge of the Script folder and then did same thing to the bottom portion of the wings in a different Embossing Folder.


4. I  painted the grungeboard with a light coat of Cream colored paint.


5. While paint is drying, stamp your sentiment in the blank space on the tag.


6. Once paint is completely dry, lightly rub over the wings of your butterfly with chalk inks in your desired colors. Repeat this step on the grungeboard swirl. 


7. To add a little more texture and a distressed look, I took another Distress Ink Pad (Brushed Corduroy) and lightly pressed on top of the embossed designs on the swirl and the wings. I also ran it along the edges of the grungeboard.


8. Next I added some trim and ribbon to the middle and bottom of the tag as shown.


9. I then bent my butterfly wings into shape (great thing about grungeboard...you can mold it into shape and it actually holds the form) then adhere the wings and the swirl into place using a liquid adhesive as shown.


10. I used one of the Tim Hotz keys as the butterfly's body. I adhered it with a pop dot for added dimension.


11. Tie off tag with a ribbon and your done! I plan on using my Distressed Tag on a future lo as an embellishment. Let me know what you use yours for!

Thanks for reading and I hope you will be inspired to do some Embossing of your own...Imagine the beautiful tags you could adorn your Christmas Gifts with! 

Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

such a pretty tag.. thanks Miss Tracy.....Happy Holidays.