Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My NEW Clip Art Mesh Frames and a fun technique!

Good Morning!
Recently, I shared with you about my NEW Clip Art Mesh Frames. Today, I want to show you a few samples of what I have done with some of the different sizes.  They currently come in three sizes...
8x10, 12x12, and 12x24.

I call them Clip Art Frames because that's exactly what you can do with them...Clip up your Art...and change it out whenever you like. Everything you put on your Clip Art Frames can be clipped, tied, or hooked on! It's that simple...nothing is permanently attached so they can be very versatile. The Clip Art Frames are unfinished so you can paint or stain them whatever color you like. 

Here is a look at one of my 12x12 Clip Art Frame projects...

I painted out my Clip Art Frame with Navy paint and lightly painted over the wire mesh too. Then I just grabbed some paper (Let Freedom Ring by Pebbles), a few embellishments, buttons, and a cute picture of Maddi and put together pieces for my frame. I designed the pieces as if I were creating a layout but instead of adhering them to a base page of cardstock, I clipped them to my frame... 


I used hanging gator clips for my paper and photo mats and tied the flag to the frame with twine so it can easily be removed.


When I'm ready to change it out, I will just move all my pieces to a 12x12 piece of cardstock and put it right into my album! 

Here is an 8x10 Clip Art Frame that I made to feature one of my son Hayden's baseball pic's...

I painted this one out with a Glossy black paint. Then I double matted a black & white photo and clipped it on my frame with a hanging gator clip. Take a closer look at the flag banners that I tied onto my Clip Art frame...


These are Wood Flag Banners made by Adornit. I treated them with my "peeled paint" distressing technique...I love the look of this technique. I then cut out tickets from my "Game On" paper by Websters Pages and glued them into place on the banners using tacky glue. Then I simply tied them to my Clip Art frame with twine. If you would like to learn more about my paint technique...read on...
Here are the items you will need for my technique:

Two colors of paint...I used black and red, one tube of chapstick, your wood banner flag...and a few paper towels.

First, paint your wood flag black...
Allow to completely dry...use your heat gun if you're an impatient crafter like me :)
Now grab your chapstick... 
Rub your chapstick over various areas of the wood flag. Don't cover it completely...just here and there...

Then paint over the entire wood flag...chapstick and all with a second color...I chose red for mine... 


Let the paint completely dry...shouldn't take very long...
Once dry, wad up a dry paper towel and begin wiping over the dried paint...the chapstick creates a resist and will wipe away exposing the black paint underneath. 

 


 It is such a cool look...really looks like weathered, peeling paint...


This project was so simple and fun to make and you can put it together in a matter of minutes! 

I have one more Clip Art Frame to share with you...It is being offered as a class at the Little Blue House...

 "Summer Happiness" Clip Art Frame & Banner
Designed by: Miss Tracy :)

This Clip Art Frame features a wonderful layered Banner and photos! Lots of fun accents and special touches and once again are simply clipped onto the Clip Art Frame...this time I used miniature clothespins to hang the layered banner and the hanging gator clips to hang the photos. The banner is made from the Summer Fresh collection by Simple Stories...Here's a closer look...




I will be designing more Layered Banners for the 12x24 Clip Art Frame in the future for upcoming seasons and holidays... so you can change them out and feature different photos throughout the year! This project, as well as the future banners, will be available to create at the Little Blue House in any of the LBH Creative Buffets.

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoy my Clip Art Frames as much as I do! They are available to purchase at the LBH and very soon will be available online :)
Remember...Stay true to your passion--Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)

2 comments:

Janet Pineiro said...

Thank you for showing the weathered technique. I love it and can't wait to use it. The mesh frames are a great idea!

Karen E. said...

Thanks for sharing the paint technique.