Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Hank the Plank" transformed!

Hello Everyone!
I wanted to share the project that I designed for my last Scrapstasher's Anonymous Meeting! It's a perpetual date Calendar! The Month Label is made out of Chalkcloth so that you can easily erase and write in the name of the next month. 12 tags hang off of the cuphook...(one for each month of the year). I intend to write on each tag my family & friends birthdays, anniversaries, and other special events that occur during that specific month.
Here is how "Hank the Plank" looks before he took on his transformation...

Add a little paint, a little ink, some satin cording....and waa laa....I have a fabulous surface for my Perpetual Calendar! Here's a closer look at the month label...It was made using the Tim Holtz Stylized Labels die and Chalkcloth. I used a Chalk Ink Marker to edge the label and write the month. These markers are amazing! The erase easily with a wet wipe and come in a wide variety of colors!
I embellished my calendar further with these lovely paper flowers. Everyone really enjoyed making these at our Stasher's Meeting! We had beautiful blossoms everywhere in all kinds of colors and prints!!


I embellished my tags with buttons and trims! If you create one of these calendars for yourself, just be careful not to put things on your tags that are too dimensional...it will make it difficult for all 12 tags to hang off the hook if the embellishments are too large.

"Hank the Plank" is available at the Little Blue House. He measures 5ish x 10ish inches and costs $1.99. You can also find a great selection of chalk ink markers at the LBH too!

I have another crafty-licious project in store for you next month. I hope you will make plans to join me for my next Scrapstasher's Anonymous Meetings!!! Here are the dates:

Monday, 2/13 6:30p-8:30p
Tuesday, 2/14 10:00a-Noon
Cost: $5 per Stasher

Please contact the Little Blue House to reserve your seat today!
(817) 431-7930

Stash On Sisters!!!!
Miss Tracy :)

1 comment:

Jennaboo said...

Thanks for posting this! I really wanted to make it to that Scrapstashers but it was booked up! I'm happy to see what the finished project was, and in my typical Jenny way, am already thinking about how to put my own spin on it. Love it!