Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Artsy Pockets for your Studio!

Hello friends! Today I thought I would share a little of my Front Porch Inspiration with you! These are what I like to call my
Artsy Pockets!
I made two of them for my Studio out of my "One Sunny Day" Front Porch Kit. Take a looksie...I love how they turned out! 



  I used wood planks (aka Hank the Plank), you may remember him from the first Front Porch Kit. If you are interested in re-creating this project, you can always find "Hank" for sale at the LBH for only $1.99...great deal huh?!!! I used two of the canvas pennant banners that were in my FP kit and opened them up to create pockets...like so...


I then covered them with some fun fabrics and trims from my FP Kit. I used Echo Park (Lemon Dot) & Crate Paper (Toy Box) papers from my kit to cover my Planks. I chose fun bright colors!



Here is what they looked like before I added the final touches... I couldn't wait...had to put my brushes and colored pencils in the pockets to see what they looked like...of course, I loved the look but didn't want to stop there...


I took my Artsy Pockets to a whole new level by adding the words, CrEaTe & CoLoRs!
I cut individual letters our of my Toy Box paper and mixed in a few alpha's (Pink Paislee) that also came in my kit. I really like to mix up foNts...something about it just makes me SmiLe!!

Added a button here and a button there...and waa laa...my Artsy Pockets were complete!! Anxiously waiting to hang on the wall and inspire me to create!!
I hope you'll consider making some for your creative space! Thanks for reading...hope you have been inspired! Be sure to follow my blog to ensure that you don't miss out on any future creative FuN!!

"One Sunny Day" Kits are still available. Check them out and be sure to take a look at the Project Gallery...It's loaded with fabulous projects created out of this kit.

Remember...Stay true to your passion--Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)

3 comments:

Linda Hahn said...

Very cute, as always!! You're the reason my walls are full!!

Nitasha said...

Love these! It was one of my favorite projects at the LBH GASC booth! Thank you for the tutorial!

DeeDee said...

I loved them so much I made the set for my freinds new craft room... so creative Miss Tracy