Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Pretty Mists! - Front Porch Inspiration

Hello Everyone!  I wanted to share another little bit of Front Inspiration with you today! One of my new favorite things in my scrappy stash of supplies is Maya Mists! I just love the beautiful colors (especially the metallics) and I'm quickly adding to my stash with one bottle at a time...(ok, maybe its more like 3 or 4 bottles at a time..lol!).  I'm a big fan of reference swatches so I decided to make a Mists reference book out of goodies from my Front Porch Kit (A Little Birdie Told Me).  I love swatch books and I use them all the time...it's so easy to quickly look at it and color match with ease! It's also a great way for me to keep up with which colors I have so I don't accidentally buy something I already own...(hmm..wonder if that ever happens to anyone besides me..hehe)
I used the Chipboard tags (Maya Road) that were in my FP Kit and covered them with some of the papers in my kit. I then used the tag as a template to create my swatch tags (I cut them out of the cream cardstock in my kit). I misted each cardstock tag with my Maya Mist, dried them with my heat gun, and then wrote the name of each color on the back of each tag. I also misted my chipboard alphas (Maya Road) to create my title on the front of my book.
I further embellished my cover with some crocheted lace trim and ran some of the black ribbon thru the center. I created a rosette out of some fabric from my kit and then simply cut slits to create the frayed petals. I topped it off with a teal silk fower, button, and a little knotted piece of the black ribbon.

I put it all together using a binder ring and I am so happy with how it turned out! It's really a quick and easy project. I hope you'll try making one for yourself! To view more fabulous projects created with this month's Front Porch Kit, please visit the website at www.frontporchkits.com.

Stay true to your passion--Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)

6 comments:

Susan said...

This is almost too pretty to be a swatch book! Great idea.
Susan

Debra said...

I've been looking at all the fun goodies in my kit, not knowing which project to make first. Now I know!! Too cute and yes, I have started my collection of the new mists and absolutely love them! Thanks for the creative idea.

Tracy :) said...

Hi Debra-- We'll have to start our own Maya Mist Fan Club! We can take turns being President...ha!

Elaine said...

Totally love this idea! I always mean to make swatch books and never do but yours turned out so pretty, I feel inspired!

DeeDee said...

These will be my next project... I think I like them too....and they are very cute..I need to get me some mya mists now... :D

SuZeQ said...

What can I say? You really know how to rock a tag!