Happy Spring my friends! I just love this time of year when everything begins to bloom and color springs forth in the grass, trees, and of course...I love to see flowers in bloom! As I looked through my Front Porch Kit, I knew that I simply must create another Birdhouse to add to my ever-growing collection. I have such a love for them and I especially love this one! My little birdhouse is attached to the top of an old bed spring...If you are a "junker" like me than you'll love this project! It so fun to watch it bounce on the Spring. Next time you're out "junking" be sure to pick up one of these beauties. Sometimes they are a little rusty but that's nothing that a little clear sealer won't take care of. Here is a closer look at the crafty details...
With just a few simple steps, you can re-create this project!
Miss Tracy's How To:
1. First, I painted the birdhouse. I used 2 colors, Metallic Espresso and Metallic Aquamarine. Once dry, I inked the edges and the opening with a little black chalk ink (Quick Quotes).
2. Next, I punched multiple 1 in. circles out of this gorgeous floral print (Fancy Pants/Its the Little Things) and then cut them all in half and inked the edges with Black chalk ink (Quick Quotes). I then layered them row by row to create shingles on my rooftop. I only adhered the top so that I could flip up the edges of each shingle.
3. I then wrapped the pink ribbon (Creative Impressions) around the base of the house and tied off the tails in a pretty bow.
4. I created two Spiral Roses (one is smaller than the other) out of my pretty printed paper (Echo Park/For the Record). I embellished the BH with them and some of the silk flowers and a leaf from my Front Porch Kit. Here is a link to one of my fellow crafter's tutorials on how to create these fab flowers.
5. I covered two of my Front Porch Cutz Birds with fabric and their wings with burlap... These goodies were all in my Front Porch Kit! Then added a little inking to create dimension and adhered one to the birdhouse and the other to the bed spring.
I hope my project inspires you and brings you a little creative joy!!
Please share your comments and let me know if you have any questions. Please visit the Front Porch website here and click on the Project Gallery to see more fabulous creations from
this month's FP kit..."A Little Birdie told Me...".
Remember friends...Stay true to your passion--Keep Creating!