Thursday, February 17, 2011

Repurpose your Packaging!

Hello Everyone!  I wanted to share a couple of the projects that I designed for my Scrapstasher's Group. This month I decided to re-purpose something...and for those of you who don't know me all that well, I'm here to tell you that I am the World's Biggest Packaging Nut!  I just absolutely LOVE packaging...If it's in a cute, creative package...this gal will buy it (sometimes regardless of what's inside...heehee). This being said, the choice for me was an obvious one and I repurposed these two tins into adorable Shadow Boxes...Take a looksie...

This tin originally held a set of clear stamps...
I transformed this tin into a hanging shadow box. I think it's a great way to show off your favorite photo!...this photo I'm especially fond of because it is my super cute GrandBoy Kaden! He has such an expressive face and I just love this photo of him!

I decided to stay away from ribbon and used twine instead...I love the natural look of it...


You may recognize this tin! It is from Maya Road...this is how they package a lot of their Chipboard pieces that they sell!  It's perfect way to store momentos, keepsakes, a minibook, recipes, or use it as a functional item and store some of your Scrap Stuff in it...
I'm going to give this one to my good friend, Valerie. This is a picture of her daughter, Jordyn on her first birthday. I thought it would be a great tin for her to keep Jordyn's birthday photos, and momentos (such as her invitation, a keepsake napkin, or maybe even candles, etc.) from the party.
A wonderful little keepsake birthday box!

Here is a closer look at the details... 

What's great about these tins is that the handles are removable, so it makes it very easy to cover with paper and you're not having to cut and piece around the hardware. After you add your paper, just pop the handle right back on...super easy!

I hope these projects inspire you to think twice before throwing your packaging away. You can transform them into fabulous projects and use up those scrap papers you have laying around in the process. They were so fun to make!

If you would like more info on Scrapstasher's, please visit the Little Blue House blog at www.thelittlebluehouseblog.blogspot.com.

Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)



3 comments:

Linda Hahn said...

Sorry I wasn't able to make it last night!! The project is soooo cute!! Kayden is precious as is the tin!!! I love the one you made for Jordan---I've got to make one for Avery for her first birthday!! Thanks for such a clever idea!!

Tracy :) said...

Thanks Linda! We missed you...hope to see you soon and I agree, you should definitely make one of these for Avery's birthday!

valerie.curry said...

"your good friend, Valerie" is lucky to have such a talented frien like you! What a cute idea!!!