Monday, January 10, 2011

Bring on the Ribbon piles!!!

I made a commitment this week to "Get it Together" in 2011
and I am taking part in the Little Blue House
 8 weeks of  Organization...Want to join along with me??
Visit the LBH blog and find out more...

This week we are tackling our piles and piles of Ribbon...
I have a wonderful system for my ribbon organization and
I would love to share it with you! 

Step #1:  Gather all your ribbon together
 

Step #2: Do a quick sort of your ribbon into color families
 

Step #3: Cut some chipboard to fit into a photo box; I cut mine 4x7in. Now wrap your ribbon around the chipboard and secure with a pearl head pin. Keep your color families together.
Step #4:  Place your ribbon cards into the photo box.
You will be amazed at how much ribbon you can fit in these boxes!
 Believe me, I have tried so many different ways and bought so many different organizers for my ribbon...all to end in disappointment. Trust me, this works and if you are a visual person (like me) then place the lid under the box so you can see the beautiful colors of ribbon. If you would rather keep a tidier appearance in your creative space, then simply place the lid on the box and create a label for your ribbon box with the color group listed on it.  I hope you will give it a try...it's sure to bring you much creative JOY!

Enough typing...time to go work on my PiLeS!

Happy Ribbon Sorting!
Miss Tracy :)

1 comment:

Dede said...

Oh my goodness you have inspired me. I remember when you posted this before but of course I never did it but this time I am doing it. I have my ribbon in big plastic containers but it gerts tangled and I don't like it. Do you need some containers for anything? I'm off to the store for photo boxes. Thanks