Friday, July 30, 2010
"What to Bring":
Lots of Ribbons & Fibers & Trim Scraps(if you mainly have spools, then bring a variety of 6 to 8 in. pieces)
Two 8 1/2x 11 in. sheets of white cardstock
Tacky Tape or Sheet
Tacky Glue (Zip Dry or Fabritac)
Small Wood Frame (I used one of those$1 chunky wood frames at Michaels)
Foam Brush & Paint
If you would like to join me, please call Anthologies at 817-282-2622 to reserve a seat. i look forward to creating with you!
Miss Tracy :)
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Want to see the full tutorial??....please click on the link
Miss Tracy :)
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
Christmas Delights beginning
Monday, July 19th,
culminating with a
Christmas Around the Clock Festival
beginning at Midnight “Christmas Eve” on
July 24th, with a new exciting
Christmas Challenge every hour
all through the day “Christmas Day” July 25th!
Bring your friends, your craft supplies, and be ready to create some of the most fabulous gifts, cards, decorations and home décor items you can imagine! Our designers have created some great tutorials for you! They will be featured throughout the week!
We will also have a beautiful Sketch challenge for Be Inspired Wednesday, then....On Sunday, (starting at midnight Saturday night), we will have 24 one hour challenges!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
1. Take a tag (this is a shipping tag that you can find at any office supply store. You can get a bundle of 100 for $5...they are a great deal!) or simply cut a piece of cardstock to create a tag. Emboss each end of the tag with a different Cuttlebug EF. Be sure to leave a blank space in between the two designs. This is where you will stamp your sentiment. 2. I then rubbed over the embossed designs on the tag with Distress Ink pads (tim holtz). The top portion with Antique Linen and the bottom portion with Pealed Paint.
3. Next, I embossed a grungeboard swirl in the Swiss Dot EF and then I carefully positioned my grungeboard butterfly wings right at the edge of the Script folder and then did same thing to the bottom portion of the wings in a different EF.
4. I then painted the grungeboard with a light coat of Cream colored paint.
5. While paint is drying, stamp your sentiment in the blank space on the tag.
6. Once paint is completely dry, lightly rub over the wings of your butterfly with chalk inks (cat eyes). I used Celadon on the top portion and Yellow Cadium on the bottom. Repeat this step on the grungeboard swirl. I used Dark Moss on it.
7. To add a little more texture and distressed look, I took another Distress Ink Pad (Brushed Corduroy) and lightly pressed on top of the embossed designs on the swirl and the wings. I also ran it along the edges of the grungeboard. 8. Next I added some trim and ribbon to the middle and bottom of the tag as shown.
9. I then bent my butterfly wings into shape (great thing about grungeboard...you can mold it into shape and it actually holds the form) then adhere the wings and the swirl into place using a liquid adhesive as shown.
10. I used one of the Tim Hotz keys as the butterfly's body. I adhered it with a pop dot for added dimension.
11. Tie off tag with a ribbon and your done! I plan on using my Distressed Tag on a future lo as an embellishment. Let me know what you use yours for!
Please visit the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog if you haven't already...It is a great resource for inspiration, tutorials, and fun challenges (like this one). Also, lots of opportunities to win awesome prizes. I am having so much fun designing for them!
To ensure you don't miss anything...go to http://www.cuttlebugchallengeblog.blogspot.com/add them to your blog roll today!
Miss Tracy :)
Monday, July 12, 2010
Have a great week!
Miss Tracy :)
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Believe it or not...this LO only took 20 minutes to create...no joke! I have posted my "How to" for you below. Here are the items you will need to re-create this Star-Spangled LO:
What you Need:
one Paper Doilie 12in.
(I used a paper doilie...you can find them on the baking/cake aisle. They were 12 in a pkg. and it retailed for $2. They come in a wide variety of sizes.)
one 12x12 sheet of White Cardstock (Prism)
Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels) or Maya Mist (Maya Road)
Cardstock to mat your photo
Small piece of Barn Red Art Metal (Ten Seconds Studio)
Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug/Provocraft)
Burnishing Block or lightweight sander
two Printed Papers and small tag(On Holiday/Girls Paperie)
Dimensions: Red w/dot 12 x 2 1/2 in. Ledger Paper 5 x 1 1/2 in.
Thickers (American Crafts)
Twine and ribbon
Diamond Stickles (Ranger)
assorted Jewels and Stars (Walmart)
Crystal Star Trinket Pin (Maya Road)
Miss Tracy's How To:
First, lay the doilie onto the White Cardstock slightly off the page. Spritz your mist all over the exposed cardstock and the open cut outs of the doilie.
When you have the coverage you want, carefully remove the doilie to reveal the masked design... To speed up the drying time, apply your heat gun to the wet paper...this will dry the paper very quickly. Set the page aside and grab your art metal. Emboss the red art metal in a Cuttlebug Folder or with a TSS design mold. Lightly sand over the metal to expose the silver core. Punch 4 circles out of the metal and cut each one in half with your scissors. Mat your photo and adhere your printed papers and photo in place on your page. Be sure to ink the edges of the papers if desired. Next adhere the half circles around the photo mat. I used a liquid adhesive to glue mine into place. Now you can embellish your doilie design with the small jewels and stars.Tie off your tag with ribbon. Adhere tag and a strip of the same ribbon to your LO. I then placed my Thickers on the LO to spell the word HAPPY. We're almost done...can you believe it?!?! Cut some Twine and wrap around your page. Secure with a bow. Place the Star Trinket pin in place next to HAPPY. Add your journalling and lightly rub over letters and the corners of your page with Diamond Stickles...and waa laa...You have a fabulous Star-Spangled LO!
So what are you waiting for...print this off and get busy re-creating one of your own! Be sure to add yourself as a follower to my blog to ensure that you don't miss out on the next episode of ...The 20 MinUte CrAftEr! Also, if you want to see the other Cuttlebug DT members Doilie inspired projects, go to http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/.
Remember...Stay true to your passion--Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)
Saturday, July 3, 2010
I thought it was fitting this 4th of July weekend to post a patriotic project! This is a project that I designed last summer...it features charming papers from the Little Guy paper collection (Melissa Frances/Heart & Home) and the fabulous Barn Red Art Metal (Ten Seconds Studio). I thought the Stars Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug/Provocraft) was a perfect match for this Star-Spangled creation!
Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July! and as always....
Stay true to your passion--Keep Creating!!
Friday, July 2, 2010
"What to Bring":
Chipboard - six 5x7 pieces
(if you don't have chipboard, you can cut up cereal boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
Cardstock - seven 5x7 pieces (can be assorted colors if you like)
Printed Papers - bring a variety of Summer(they don't have to be themed papers , they could just be summer colors if you want)
Summer Photos/Embellishments/Ephemera- (optional - could be added later)
Alpha's that spell out SUMMER - you could cut these on your cricut, stamp them, use Thickers or Chipboard Alpha's, etc. It would be great if they were about 2" to 3" tall.
Large Eyelets - 12 coordinating colors
Cropdile or other eyelet setting tool
Coordinating Ribbons - 3 or 4 different ones that go well with your papers.
Ball trim - (trim with poms hanging on it; six 5 in. pieces, they can be various colors or the same...it's up to you)
Twine - 1 yd.
Coordinating Buttons - various colors and sizes
Shredding Scissors (if you have them)
Diamond glaze or Glossy Accents / foam brush
Cat Eyes (or small ink pads for inking edges of papers)
A couple of your favorite border punches
I will supply all the rest...We're gonna have a great time gals! Please let me know if you have any questions. If you haven't reserved your seat yet, please contact the store at (817) 282-2622 to sign up. See you next week!
Miss Tracy :)