Thursday, September 9, 2010

School Days...LO Idea's!

August - Back to School LO
designed by: Miss Tracy :)

For my kiddos, back to school was always all about the backpack!  I took this cute picture of Hayden and Maddie with them slightly turned to show off their new back packs. I used papers from Creative Imaginations...I especially like the colored pencil die cut paper and the colored notebook paper. For those of you who don't already know this... I love sewing on my pages, so I added some decorative stitching with my sewing machine for a fun detail. For my title, I used black vinyl Thickers (American Crafts). I added a couple of pictures of my kiddos seated in their new classrooms...It sure was nice when they actually liked having their pictures taken...now H & M are 12 & 13....and they don't want me anywhere near their classrooms..ha! So now I resort to sneakily pulling my camera out of my bag when their not looking..hee hee! Here's a closer look at the details on my LO...

Here is another great Back to School LO that I would like to share with you...
"Cool Tools for School!"  LO
I can't take full credit for this one...It is a double LO that I received in a page swap from my good friend, Kim Saylor.  She found this sketch and I just absolutely love it!  I took the LO and further embellished with some great chipboard letters (Girls Paperie) and  used some fun twine accents which look great with the Kraft Cardstock base pages. For a little more pizazz, I took a chipboard star and inked over it with distress ink (Ranger) and then lightly brushed over it with Glossy Accents. This is such an easy way to alter chipboard...and it looks great! Here's a closer look...
This is a great sketch for all kinds of pictures or events...and consider using Kraft Cardstock (Bazzill) for your next LO. It's a great background for colorful, printed papers...like these. Great LO for using up your scrap paper too!

Have a wonderful school year folks!  
Hope you will share your Back to School LO's with me...I would love to see them! 

Stay true to your passion -- Keep Creating!!
Miss Tracy :)

1 comment:

Amy K said...

Fantastic layout! I love all the bright, primary colors! TFS.