Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Be Inspired Wednesday's...Challenge #101

Welcome friends...Miss Tracy here to share my "Be Inspired" Challenge project with you!  Over at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog, myself and the DT were given some great little cut outs by Crafty Secrets and asked to create something special with them.  I love the ones I was given...and I can't wait to get my hands on more! Here's a look at my project...
Souvenir of Memories Accordion Book
Designed By: Miss Tracy :)
I created a 6x6 accordion book out of cardstock for my project challenge.  Here's a great tip for you...after I scored and folded all of my pages... I ran the entire book (closed) through my Cuttlebug. This helped to burnish all of the folds - all at one time...saving my hands from doing all the work! Try it out sometime...you won't be dissappointed! For the cover of my book, I created a collage look with dictionary pages, printed paper by Basic Grey, the Indian Summer collection, and the wonderful cut outs from Crafty Secrets.
Here is a closer look...
"Memories" is a chipboard word from Maya Road. I simply inked over it with distress ink and put a little swipe of black chalk ink along the edges to create some depth. For a little sparkle, I lightly swiped over the chipboard word with Crystal Stickles.  I added a jeweled brad for a fun detail!  To secure my book, I layed out a piece of ribbon, then positioned the book down onto it. I adhered the ribbon to the back page of the book and then wrapped the tails around the front and trimmed off the excess. I secured them with a small piece of velcro. Then, I took a smaller piece of the same ribbon and tied it into a bow...I secured the bow to the top of the velcro so this way you never have to untie it and it will always stay nice looking!  
Take a closer look...
To finish off my lovely cover, I attached a Tim Holtz key with a safety pin to the center of my ribbon bow.
I love how it looks dangling from the bow!
Thanks for reading along! 

Hope you have been inspired today and will check out Crafty Secrets for more fabulous, vintage products!
Happy Wednesday Everyone -- Keep Creating!!
Miss Tracy :)

No comments: