Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

Who's the fairest Embossing Folder of them all??
Please, don't make me choose...I LOVE them ALL!

Embossed Mirror
Designed By: Miss Tracy :)
I was asked by my good friends at Cuttlebug to feature a home decor piece this week using a mirror. Here is my project! This was an unfinished mirror that I purchased at Michael's. I altered it with paint, black art metal, and alcohol inks to create this beautiful mirror. Now you can see from the picture above that it is in fact a mirror...and yes...that's me photographing it...ha! However, I would like to share another idea with you on how to use your mirror...take a look...I chose to use my mirror as a wonderful photo display. I love how the mirror border looks around the picture. I simply matted a photo of my daughter Rachel and my precious grandboy Kaden with cardstock and then adhered it directly to the center of my mirror.Here is a closer look...Doesn't the alcohol ink combined with the embossed metal look gorgeous?!? I just love it...
Miss Tracy's How To:
1. First, remove mirror and paint your frame. Set aside to dry.
2. Cut art metal (Rock Star Black/Ten Seconds Studios) into desired sizes and emboss with your favorite Cuttlebug Embossing Folders or your Ten Seconds Studio design molds.
3. Lightly sand over the embossed pieces to expose the silver finish.
4. Using an alcohol ink applicator, apply a variety of alcohol inks to color your metal.
5. Adhere your metal to the frame using tacky tape or humongo tape sheets (Ten Seconds Studio).6. Replace the mirror and your done!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post...I hope it inspires you to create your own one-of-a-kind home decor piece!
Stay true to your passion--Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)
http://www.luv2cre8joy.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Lainey said...

I just love how this came out! I will have to try my hand at more of these:o)

marylee:) said...

LOVE IT! I've got metal just waiting to be used! :)

Amy K said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

凱許倫 said...

很棒的分享~~~來留個言囉~~~~............................................................

karlalala said...

i'm a cuttlebugger AND a TSS girl, so i'm LOVING your site!! thanks for sharing your talents with us!!