Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cuttlebug Challenge #92-Garden Wonder

My Cuttlebug Challenge this week was to feature a "garden-inspired" project. Butterflies were the first thing to come to mind. My project today is a distressed tag created with my Cuttlebug EF's and some grungeboard. I love the look of embossed grungeboard! Take a look... Miss Tracy's How To:
1. Take a tag (this is a shipping tag that you can find at any office supply store. You can get a bundle of 100 for $5...they are a great deal!) or simply cut a piece of cardstock to create a tag. Emboss each end of the tag with a different Cuttlebug EF. Be sure to leave a blank space in between the two designs. This is where you will stamp your sentiment. 2. I then rubbed over the embossed designs on the tag with Distress Ink pads (tim holtz). The top portion with Antique Linen and the bottom portion with Pealed Paint.
3. Next, I embossed a grungeboard swirl in the Swiss Dot EF and then I carefully positioned my grungeboard butterfly wings right at the edge of the Script folder and then did same thing to the bottom portion of the wings in a different EF.
4. I then painted the grungeboard with a light coat of Cream colored paint.
5. While paint is drying, stamp your sentiment in the blank space on the tag.
6. Once paint is completely dry, lightly rub over the wings of your butterfly with chalk inks (cat eyes). I used Celadon on the top portion and Yellow Cadium on the bottom. Repeat this step on the grungeboard swirl. I used Dark Moss on it.
7. To add a little more texture and distressed look, I took another Distress Ink Pad (Brushed Corduroy) and lightly pressed on top of the embossed designs on the swirl and the wings. I also ran it along the edges of the grungeboard. 8. Next I added some trim and ribbon to the middle and bottom of the tag as shown.
9. I then bent my butterfly wings into shape (great thing about grungeboard...you can mold it into shape and it actually holds the form) then adhere the wings and the swirl into place using a liquid adhesive as shown.
10. I used one of the Tim Hotz keys as the butterfly's body. I adhered it with a pop dot for added dimension.
11. Tie off tag with a ribbon and your done! I plan on using my Distressed Tag on a future lo as an embellishment. Let me know what you use yours for!

Please visit the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog if you haven't already...It is a great resource for inspiration, tutorials, and fun challenges (like this one). Also, lots of opportunities to win awesome prizes. I am having so much fun designing for them!

To ensure you don't miss anything...go to http://www.cuttlebugchallengeblog.blogspot.com/add them to your blog roll today!

Keep Creating,
Miss Tracy :)

5 comments:

Linda Hahn said...

Beautiful tag!! It makes me think about how I should work with grunge paper and grunge board more often!!

Terrie B x said...

Miss Tracy your tag is Gorgeous!!
Have a fab week;)x

Melissa said...

This tag is gorgeous! Amazing jOb!!

劉耀德劉耀德 said...

人生的苦惱,不在擁有太少,而在奢望太多。..................................................

林秋萍林秋萍 said...

覺得自己能不能做到,其實只在一念之間。.......................................................