Saturday, June 26, 2010

"You are my Sunshine"

Here is a project that I created last summer...it features a fabulous 12x24 in. frame from Fancy Pants. Instead of glass, the frame has an acrylic insert. I layered papers (Bo Bunny) and photos of my sweet grandboy Kaden and if you look closely, you'll see that I machine stitched over the papers right thru the acrylic!
I sewed on a few buttons here and there...and added some ribbon accents that I stapled on right thru the acrylic!
I layered some papers on top of the acrylic and also placed some behind it...this creates a really unique look. These frames are also great because they are very lightweight and easy to hang on the wall.
Thanks for reading and I hope you'll be inspired to put a few stitches on your next creations!
Miss Tracy :)

2 comments:

just lisa said...

WOW! Super cute - love it!!! So inspired to get my frames and out and work on them!!

Melissa said...

What a fun project! I love the stitching!