Designed by : Miss Tracy
This week's challenge is a great one...Inchies! For my challenge submission, I created this minibook cover for a Summer Book that I am working on. I am a firm believer that not all creations should take hours or days to complete and this project is a perfect example of that! In fact, I am going to start a new segment here on my blog called the "20 minute Crafter" and it will include project ideas like this one, that only take 20 minutes to create...so if this intrigues you...please be sure to follow the blog because I will begin posting them weekly.
Here are the simple steps I took to make this wonderful album cover:
1. I took an 8x8 canvas board and did nothing to it...that's right...nothing. I left it white.
2. Then, I grabbed some of my scrap cardstock and punched 11 squares out of different colors. For this cover, I used a 1 3/8in. square punch.
3. I embossed the cardstock squares in different Cuttlebug Folders and lightly inked over them with assorted Distress Ink Pads.
4. I used the same punch on the photos of my kids and adhered the embossed squares and photos to my canvas board...watch your spacing.
6. Once they were in place, I cropped my family photo and mounted it on chipboard and placed it on the cover with pop dots.
7. And the last step...I embellished my canvas with the "SummerTime" rub on (My Minds Eye).
This was such a fun and simple creation...and created in only 20 minutes! I hope you will give it a try. Stay tuned for more "20Minute Crafter" segments!
Please visit the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog to see the other Inchie Projects created by their amazing Design Team. I encourage you to participate and enter your Inchie Creation on the CBC for the chance to win an awesome prize!!
Stay true to your passion -- Keep Creating!
Miss Tracy :)