Saturday, June 5, 2010

"Take Flight" Altered Canvas Project

The Anthologies Connection Kit this month is called "Take Flight" and it is such a lovely collection of products. Here is one of the projects I created from goodies in my kit. This is a 6x6 canvas (Canvas Corp). I embellished it with some beautiful "Queen Bee" papers (Pink Paislee) and take a look at the ruffled trim (Pink Paislee)...too cute. The butterfly on the canvas is a digital element (House of 3) that was printed on a transparency. I just cut around it, folded it to create dimension, and embellished the body with some pretty pearls (Zva). I created the paper flower using some cardstock in my kit and embellished it further with Canvas Flowers (Jillibean Soup) and I love the Cork Center (Pink Paislee). The wire mesh on the canvas is actually a folded over piece of window screening and the monogram K is from a set of Corrugated Alphas (Jillibean Soup).

I was especially fond of the yarn that was in the kit! I tied off several pieces to create a bow and tucked it under my flower. I just love the texture and dimension that it adds! I used several strands of the yarn again to hang my altered canvas. I simply glued two coke can tabs to the back of the canvas and ran my yarn through them and tied it off at the top.

It may seem unusaul that I chose a picture with none of the paper colors in it...but I just love how the color in my daughter Kristyn's shirt just made the other colors PoP!


To see a complete listing of the "Take Flight" kit contents, please visit the Anthologies website at http://www.anthologiesbyme.com/. Check out the DT gallery while you're there to see other fabulous projects created with this month's kit.


Have a creative weekend!
Miss Tracy :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your take on this challenge!! I am hoping to be able to participate and still am in brainstorming mode! Great Idea! The flower on your project really pops!

730A_ngelinaRabideau0 said...

Circumstances are the rulers of the weak, instrument of the wise. ....................................................