Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cuttlebug Challenge #87 - Fun with Paint!

My challenge this week on the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog was to incorporate paint in a fun way! The timing couldn't have been better because we just recently repainted my youngest daughter Maddi's room. She went from "little girl" lavender to "tweenager" teal. Her room colors are now Teal, Black, White, and Purple. She has been wanting to start a collection of M's for one specific wall in her room so I decided to create her first one through this challenge. I just love the way it turned out...
I simply altered a wood frame with paint and black art metal (Ten Seconds Studio) which I embossed with Cuttlebug Folders in different designs. After I adhered them to the frame, I pounced on the different paint colors with a foam brush...

When the paint was dry, I sanded over the embossed designs to expose the silver finish (which is the core color of the black art metal). I then applied a coat of Glossy Accents (Ranger) over the metal and the frame to give it some fab glossiness...
Next, I embellished my daughter's monogram frame with some fabric accents and some beautiful Prima flowers along with a little bling and a vintage key. It looks great in her room and she is so proud of it...and I'm proud that the first piece of her M collection was a gift from Mom! Love you Maddi!
To see some of the other awesome "PaiNt" projects created by the CBC Design Team, go to http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/ ...you will be amazed at this talented group of designers! Be sure to check back next Wed. I'll have another CBC Challenge project posted then.
Joyfully Yours,
Miss Tracy :)

4 comments:

June Houck said...

Your project is absolutely stunning, Tracy. It really jumped out at me on the Cuttlebug post. I appreciate your explanation/tutorial. I would love to try this!

AngelicF嘉偉 said...

Judge not a book by its cover.............................................................

Terrie B x said...

Your project is `fabulous` Tracy TFS
Your daughters bedroom will be sooo`cool`:)

Have a great weekend:)x

Linda Hahn said...

Tracy,
I love the project and I'm sure Maddie's room will be adorable with all the M's!! Great explanation!!