Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Candle Corset - Hot Metal Mama's Project

For my Hot Metal Mama's class this month, I designed a beautiful candle corset. This corset was made from assorted Art Metal (Ten Seconds Studio) and backed with painted chipboard to give the corset stability. I used the Tattered Florals die cut (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) to create the variety of metal blossoms that are placed randomly around the corset. Before adhering them, I embossed the petals with TSS decorative wheels and embossed a few of them with design molds. My background pattern is a Kabuka Design Mold (Ten Seconds Studio). I love how the grid pattern looks in all the negative space...looks great on the Bronze metal don't you think...
I attached 4 eyelets on each end of my corset and then laced a piece of black satin cord through and tied off at the top. To finish off my fabulous creation, I embellished the blossoms with a variety of jewels!
The corsets are not permanently attached to the glass so you can easily remove them to clean your glass... and just think of all the corsets you can make to change out over the seasons or for special holidays or occasions.
Want to learn more about Art Metal Embossing...visit http://www.tensecondsstudio.com/ for more great inpiration and be sure to check out their Taco Tuesday video's...they're AwESoME!!

Have a creative day!
Miss Tracy :)

4 comments:

Jaclyn @ Love, Laughter, and Complete Chaos said...

Love it, LOVE it. You rock. :)

Svatbenipokani.com said...

Eeeeeee incredibly beautiful and very sexy.

Melissa said...

Really cool idea! I love your "hot metal mama" title! Crackin me up...

峻龍 said...

Poverty tries friends.....................................................................