Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Another LO designed with my Anthologies Connection "Tres Chic" Kit!

I have had so much fun playing with the goodies in my Anthologies Connection April Kit! Here is a LO that I designed to preserve this wonderful picture of my Mother when she was a child. The "Shabby Chic" paper collection from Prima is so versatile and I love that it looks great with present day photos and vintage photos like this one. Here's a little info about my LO and the goodies that are used on it...
Notice my background cardstock...I used one of the decorative edge chipboard pages that I rec'd in my kit as a mask. I simply laid it on top of my background cardstock and spritzed it with Gold Glimmer Mist. I then removed the chipboard page and waa laa...I had a wonderful image left behind! I also used a decorative edge border punch (EK Success) on some of the edges of my papers and take a look at the adorable Trinket Pin (Maya Road) in the picture below. After inking and misting some of the flowers (Zva, Prima) in my kit, I clustered them together and embellished one of my flowers with a decorative jeweled center (Prima). Tied a little ribbon (Bo Bunny) on my Trinket Pin and ran it thru my paper. In this next picture, you will see the chipboard Thickers (American Crafts) that I used to spell out the year my Mother's photo was taken. They were originally white and to alter them, I simply inked over them with Distress Inks (Olive & Tea Dye -Ranger). I love how they turned out!
In this last shot, I wanted to use the cute heart trim from my kit but it was a pale pink and I wanted something a little more vibrant. To remedy this, I simply misted the trim with Glimmer Mist (Sunshine - Tattered Angels). It turned out fabulous and has a beautiful irridescent shimmery quality now!
I hope that my LO will inspire you to create with the Tres Chic Kit from Anthologies! There are just a few kits left, so don't delay...go purchase your Kit today at http://www.anthologiesbyme.com/.
Have questions about some of the techniques that I used???Just leave a comment and I will be happy to answer you!
Enjoy your day!
Tracy :)

No comments: