Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Scrapstasher's Projects

I promised several Scrapstasher's this month that I would post the March Scrapstasher's Projects...so...here you go. Our theme this month was to Re-Use, Re-Cycle, and Re-Invent! Can you believe that elements in these 2 projects include a Cereal Box, old T-Shirts, and used Dryer Sheets?!?!?
Check out some of the elements on this lo that I designed. The darling bracket shape was a template that we cut out of our Cereal Boxes. Anytime you need chipboard for a project, you should consider looking in your pantry. Now, look closely at the title on the lo...there's the t-shirt. I just cut letters out of some of my kiddos t's that they had outgrown and created words out of the different fonts and colors. This was so fun!!! You should try it!
Finally, where oh where could the dryer sheets be?!?! Well, if you look closely, you will see that I used them to create the ruffled trim and the gorgeous rolled flowers.

I also used them to create a layered circle flower on the minibook and used them as ties off of the book. I altered some of the dryer sheets with paint, some with glimmer mists, and some I just simply swiped over with ink pads. I hope you have been inspired by these projects and will consider recycling something the next time you create!!

Scrappily Yours,
Tracy :)

2 comments:

whatspeaks2myheart said...

This is a fabulous example of recycling! Love the vibrant color and the use of glimmer mist and the whole darn thing! TFS Paula

Kristy said...

Tracy, I really enjoyed myself at your class! I learned so much- you are amazing! Can't wait to see what you think of next time... I am going to link this to my blog!