Thursday, September 24, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Hope to crop with you then!
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Have a great week!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
This is such a simple project to create and when finished, it really looks like the letters are actually carved out of the frame itself. Follow these simple steps and you can re-create an Altered Alpha Frame of your own.
Tracy's How To:
1. I first painted a raw wood frame and set it aside to dry.
2. Next, begin randomly placing your chipboard letters on the frame. When you have them all in the desired positions, adhere them to the frame using a liquid adhesive.
3. Now, reapply the same paint color over the entire frame. Be sure to get all of the edges of your letters. This creates a great visual effect becuase it makes the frame and letters look as if they are one piece.
4. When completely dry, lightly rub over the letters with a distress ink pad in a swift streaking motion. Do this quickly in a vertical direction and then in a horizontal direction. This creates fabulous dimension and will add a touch of color to your Altered Alpha Frame.
5. Lastly, I sealed my frame with a quick spray of Polyurethane (semi-gloss) to give it a nice professional, protective finish.
I hope you will be inspired to put those left over letters of yours to good use and will create a frame for yourself! If you have any questions or comments, please post them and I will be happy to reply back to you.