Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm off to Camp!!!

For the next 5 days I will be crafting with a whopping 713 kiddos at Riverbend Baptist Encampment in Glenrose, TX. Woo Hoo!!I thought you might like to see a couple of the crafts that I will be doing with the kids at camp. Here is a pic of the "bleached" t-shirts that we are creating! These are so fun and easy to make. You just need a t-shirt (100% cotton works best), cheapo spray bottle filled with bleach, and something to lay on top of your shirt (we used wood crosses). I highly suggest doing this OuTsIDe in the sunshine. First, lay the t-shirt flat on the ground. Next, place a piece of chipboard or cardboard inside of the shirt. Then, I laid the wood cross on the shirt. Finally, spray the front of the shirt with bleach . Be sure to get around each side of the cross. Wait a minute or so and watch the bleach begin to work. Remove the cross and allow the shirt to dry. It's that easy!

Here is another project the kiddos will be creating. It features Bubble Art! I used canvas board as the base and painted it black. Now for the fun part, I took a bottle of bubbles and added several drops of food coloring to it. I made a bottle of red, blue, yellow and green. Be sure to mix them up well. Next lay a piece of white cardstock down onto a table (be sure to have your table covered to protect it) and blow bubbles onto it and watch them burst on the paper...use all 4 colors and you get a super-fun, bubblicious background! Once you've covered the page, set it aside to dry. If needed, lightly blot with a paper towel. Once dry, I attached it to the center of the canvs board using mod podge and added a black cardstock monogram letter. To finish it off, I punched 2 holes at the top using my cropadile and added some colorful ribbon to hang it with.

If you are looking for something fun and creative to do this week, you should try making these projects with your kiddos! I will post the other projects that we are making a little later this week. Well, this Happy Camper is off to bed...hope you have a wonderful week!
Tracy :)

No comments: