Friday, May 15, 2009

Scrapstasher's May Project


At our May Scrapstasher's meeting we created this great project using a wood craft frame and scraps of printed papers and buttons, buttons, and yes...more buttons! Instead of using the frame for a picture, we removed the insert and created a heart out of buttons directly onto the glass with glue dots. We then added a rub on sentiment to the glass to finish it off. It is hard to see the full effect in the photo but it truly is stunning when hung on the wall. I was so inspired by the frames that the other Stasher's made! Some created hearts like the sample, but there were also some with crosses, monograms, flowers and even a palm tree and a frog! Great work Stasher's! If you are interested in joining us next month, our June meeting will be held on Tues. 6/9. The morning session will be from 10a-Noon and the evening session from 6:30p-8:30p. You can register online at http://www.cre8joyworkshops.com/ or simply send me an email to hold your spot. Come join us!

3 comments:

Nancy Sanders said...

I really love this project. I have some spare frames and this is a wonderful inspiration to me. Thanks so much for sharing.

Doreen Martinez said...

I love your work! It is so cute. I would like to share a website with you. I recently came across it as I was cruising the web for inspiration. The furniture at this site is every crafters dream. I am entered in a contest to win an EZ View desk. If I win, my purchase of the workbox is not too far behind. You can vote for my entry, #275 in the giveawaygallery if you like.
Thanks in advance

Doreen Martinez
http://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/

Maggie said...

Stacy I simply luv this, very divine.
Maggie