Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge #19


Welcome to my blog! Once again, it's Be-Inspired Wednesday on the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog. The Design Teams challenge this week was to create a card featuring embossed acetate. I love clear cards so I thought this would be a great opportunity to show you how beautifully they emboss in the Cuttlebug embossing folders.

I used one of the new Border EF's on the card and used the Tiny Bubbles EF on the clear flower die cut. You're probably wondering why the embossed image isn't clear?? Well, I simply rubbed my EF's with a Black StazOn Ink pad before embossing. This creates a fabulous embossed and stamped image. If your image doesn't come out quite as dark as you want, grab your nearest Black Sharpie and touch up the image. Remember, if you try this technique on acetate or clear plastic sheets, that you must use StazOn Ink because the acetate/plastic is a non-porous surface. StazOn cleaner will clean your EF's right up!

To create shading on your clear cards, take a small piece of Cut-n-Dry foam and rub it on a StazOn ink pad (I used Yellow) and lightly rub over the edges and corners of your card. It creates a really nice effect. For more great techniques, tutorials, and inspiration, check out the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog. Add it to your blog roll today!

12 comments:

cardcrazy said...

Great idea to use the stazon! I love the big flower.
Peggy

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing how you used the Staz On on the acetate. Something I would love to try. Your card is beautifully designed!!

Mrs J said...

Tracy, I love how this has turned out! Great using the Staz On, it looks so effective. Gorgeous flower too!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Lea L. said...

What a fun technique!! I had no idea there was Staz-On cleaner...I so need to get some of that! Lovely card design too!

~Lea

Linda Hahn said...

I love your new look on your blog! Also, your card is really COOL! Love the Staz On ink look. Linda:)

Eva said...

WOW, this looks totally funky and fabulous! I love the Stazon as well!! I have to go play with mine, too.

Captain Scrappy said...

Looks great! I used Staz-On on my challenge card too :)

KimmyS said...

What a great way to showcase the border. i love it!

Allison said...

love it, great card
AllisonX

Amber said...

Tracy your card is beautiful and I love the technique you used, can't wait to try it!
Hugs
Amber

spikescreativeside said...

Tracy that's brilliant using Stazon!! Love how your card came together! TFS!!

Hugs

~Spike

Cassie said...

what a great idea to ink it before embossing! turned out really, really cool! and now i see why i need more colors of stazon than just black!