Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Be Inspired Wednesday- Challenge #20

Happy Wednesday Everyone!--

Here is the card that I created for the Cuttlebug Be Inspired Wed. Challenge. This week our challenge was to create a card that was inspired by a Sketch by Valerie Salmon. I am quickly becoming a huge fan of the Cuttlebug Border Embossing Folders! There are so fun and you can use them in unique combinations to create fabulous embossed designs. I also love incorporating art metal into my card creations from time to time ... it really increases the WOW factor! To re-create this card, follow these simple instructions:

1. Score and fold a 5x10" piece of carstock
2. Cut the following pieces of assorted printed papers:
Large Floral - 4 1/2"x4 1/2" piece
Red print - 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece
Yellow Print - tear by a hand a round circle
Large Floral - tear by hand a smaller circle
3. I inked the edges of the card with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. Do the same to the edges of the large floral piece before adhering to the top left of the card.
4. I then placed the red print piece into the Script EF and ran thru my Cuttlebug. Remove and rub over the embossed design with the distress ink pad. I used a Fiskars decrative corner punch on each corner. Adhere to the card as shown.
5. Next, I cut a 5"x 1 1/2" piece of brown art metal (Ten Seconds Studio) and die cut the daisy flower out of another scrap piece of brown metal. I embossed the metal flower in the Swiss Dots EF and lightly sanded over the embossed dots to expose the silver finish. Next, I took my scallop border EF and placed it along one side of my metal strip piece and ran thru the Cuttlebug. I then took the same border EF and ran it along the other side of the metal strip and ran thru the Cuttlebug. This creates a fabulous mirror image! Lightly sand over the embossed designs to expose the silver finish and trim around the scalloped border on both sides with your scissors.
6. Adhere the scallop-embossed metal strip to your card using tacky tape.
7. Take both of your hand-torn circles and scrunch them up in your hands....that's right, wad them up! Now, gently unfold them (don't smooth them out) and rub over the crinkles and wrinkles with your distress ink pad. Now, take your metal flower and gently curl the petals to create dimension. Next, layer them all together. First, your yellow scrunched circle, then, the smaller scrunched circle, then the metal flower. You may want to secure these with glue dots. Once layered, embellish the center of your flower with a decorative brad and adhere to the card as shown.
8. I then die cut a few little swirlies out of cardstock and adhered to the card.
9. Stamp your sentiment using the distress ink pad and adhere to the lower right side of the card as shown.

Thanks for letting me share with you today! I hope you were inspired and I can't wait to see your submitted challenge cards. To submit your cards, visit the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog and be sure to add them to your blog roll today!

Keep Creating,
Tracy :)

No comments: